Our Vision is of a world that is just and harmonious, as ordained by God, where everyone can achieve their potential with dignity. Inspired by our faith, we work with an inclusive approach to all people regardless of their faith, race, ethnicity, age and ability.
We will provide effective relief and development, applying our values in order to achieve a just and sustainable future for the places in which we work. We will work together with communities, people and partners to respond to crises and to increase their resilience and self-sufficiency on their own terms.
- Dignity (Karamah) ‘We bestowed dignity on the children of Adam’. (Qur’an 17:70)
- Justice (Adl) ‘You who believe, be steadfast in your devotion to God and bear witness impartially: do not let hatred of others lead you away from Justice, but adhere to justice, for that is closer to awareness of God. (Qur’an 5:8)
- Excellence (Ihasn) ‘God loves those practice excellence’. (Qur’an 2:195)
- Compassion (Rahma) ‘Be compassionate on the earth, and you will be shown compassion from the One who is above the heavens’. (Sunan Tirmidhi 1924)
Muslim Aid-UK Bangladesh Field Office is active in 1991 following a devastating cyclone in the coastal areas. It is registered with NGO Affairs Bureau of Bangladesh Government(FD-552). Muslim Aid works for the distressed and needy communities irrespective of gender, religion, ethnicity, casts, creed, etc.
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Our work will be inclusive and locally driven
- We will influence for change
- We are one Muslim Aid Community
- We will strategically apply Islamic approaches in our programmes and processes.